Monday, December 22, 2008

Adventures: Detroit MC

Take off from Logan was rough. Once in the air I realized Patricia was sitting in front of me. We exchanged pleasantries.

I sat next to a woman who missed her connection to London. She'd just converted from PC to Mac and was playing with her new Macbook laptop. We had a nice chat trashing Microsoft's incompetent, crappy products.

Except for a mid-flight granola bar incident, the flight was uneventful. We landed at 1:20 am but didn't deplane until 1:45 am when the airport finally decided to deploy the gate walkway extension.

On the earlier flight Patricia and I inquired about our luggage. The attendant assured us the luggage would "follow us" to the Detroit-bound plane.

However, upon arriving at the baggage area, Patricia and I were greeted by a vast expanding sea of luggage throughout the concourse. Luggage who's owners hadn't made it on their flights. At this point Patricia and I parted ways. I think she found her luggage. I was unpleasantly surprised to find that mine was in Boston at Baggage Claim #3.

Despite the NWA terminal advertising ("Delta and NWA have merged and it's business as usual!") Delta and NWA's systems aren't integrated, so although the Delta baggage claim could tell me where my luggage was, I'd have to file a claim with NWA's trashy baggage office down the concourse to actually get the bag on a flight.

By the time I finished this  procedure it was 3:30. Time to catch the shuttle to my rental car.

No comments:

Post a Comment