Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Detroit Metro Tide Packets



As the news has blared for weeks, Michigan's economy is tanking. I think its been on this track for at least 30 yrs, but the recent economic tsunami really impacted this region, perhaps even more than lower Manhattan.

I guess a sure sign of economic end times are half empty stores 2 days before Christmas...which is what I experienced last night as I shopped to replace my lost luggage.

Walmart was busier than Sears, but not packed. Probably because Walmart's prices are so dirt cheap. But even with that, most of the purchases I observed at Walmart were for food.

At home I deliberately don't shop at Walmart because I don't like how they treat their employess. Here I had little choice-- its the only cheap game in town. I have to admit they are super cheap, and  had some unusual stuff I don't remember seeing in Kmart or Target.

Probably the best item I purchased yesterday was Tide's Travel Sink Packets. For $0.33 I can recycle what I wore on the plane in the hotel sink, so one less change of clothes to buy. Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment